We like mexican in this house. This recipe can be made for a main dish or cut up for an appetizer. Also, it just so happens to be one of my LEFTOVER MAKEOVERS. I will make a chuck roast in the slow-cooker and use the meat for pot roast one night, french dip sandwiches another, and/or beef taquitos/burritos. You can also make these and freeze some for a snack or such later.
adapted fromOur Best Bites- Baked beef taquitos
3 cups cooked beef roast
4 oz green chilies
1/2 tsp minced adobo chili (from adobo sauce can) RINSE SEEDS OFF and USE GLOVES!
3 tsp adobo sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
zest from one lime
1 Tbsp lime juice
12 oz queso fresco cheese
20-6" white corn tortillas or soft flour tortillas
Olive oil cooking spray
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2) Combine in a medium bowl, meat, adobo chili, adobo sauce, garlic powder, coriander, cumin, chili powder, zest, and juice and mix well.
3) Microwave 10 tortillas wrapped in damped paper towel for 1 minute to soften.
4) Crumble 1 Tbsp of queso fresco cheese down middle of 1 tortilla. Then add 2 Tbsp meat mixture. Then roll up and place seam side down on a lightly sprayed baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
5) Lightly spray tops of taquitos with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
6) Bake for 20 min or until edges are golden.
* If you want to freeze some of these, you will make them all the way up until the baking part and then freeze them. When baking them from frozen, make sure you write on the freezer bag "bake at 425, for 30 min." These can be baked right from freezer without thawing first. Or you can just freeze the meat mixture into a freezer bag. Make sure you write on he bag what it is though.