Sunday, April 10, 2011

Upside down German Chocolate Cake

Okay, I can never decide what to make, an appetizer or a dessert.  My friend Christina made this for New Years and let me say, I'm in love with this.   Im not sure if I overbake it but it's still good.  It's suppose to be an ooey gooey german chocolate cake.  I like it more like cake then the gooey side.  I know you are going to think this is crazy but you make a cream cheese frosting and drop it on the prepared cake mix BEFORE you bake it.  It will settle to the bottom and be oh so YUMMY!



Recipe from Christina Hamilton

Upside down German Chocolate Cake

1 chocolate cake mix and all ingredients for the cake

1 bag of flaked coconut 
1 cup chopped pecans

1 stick of butter softened
1 stick of cream cheese softened
1 lb of powder sugar



Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.  Spread the coconut and the chopped pecans on the bottom of the pan,   Prepare the cake mix as directed and pour on top of the coconut/pecan mixture.  Now prepare the frosting and drop on top of the cake mix.  I usually spread it around.  Bake it for about 1 hour at 350 degrees.  I bake it till its not so jiggly.

No comments:

Post a Comment