Saturday, April 2, 2011

Whats for Dinner? --

I've been wanting to make pulled pork lately.  I've really been wanting to try the spicy Dr. Pepper pulled pork.  So, I finally made it Meijer today and got pork shoulder.  Im not a very good at meat purchases so we will see how this goes.  I am going to take The Pioneer Woman's recommendation and just use half a can of the chipotle peppers.  I dont want it spicy for the boys.  I normally just make my own homemade barbeque sauce but we are going to see how this is.  

I am going to cook mine in the crockpot with a crockpot liner.

Spicy Dr. Pepper shredded-pork from The Pioneer Woman

Ingredients:

1 -5 lb pork shoulder
2 cans of Dr. Pepper
1/2 can chipotle peppers in adobe sauce

Place all the ingredients in the crockpot with liner and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours till it pulls easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment