Monday, April 25, 2011

Strawberry Martini's

Lets just say YUM!!! I got this recipe from Shanon's friend Emily.  She made these for Mike and Shanon when they were over for dinner a few weeks ago.  They sounded so good that I thought, heck, I'll make these for breakfast at grandma's in the morning since Kristin and Katie were going to be there with the kids.  It was my first time making them and they were so good.  They were even better the second time I made them.

I've made these with different kids of juice- cherry and white grape cherry. I prefer cranberry but everyone has their preference.

You will need to make simple syrup  for this drink.  To make simple syrup dissolve 1 cup of sugar in 1 cup of water in a pot.  Boil till the sugar is dissolved.  Chill to you are ready to make the drink.

You will also need to puree 2 strawberries.  I used my immersion blender and pureed the strawberries with the vodka.

I really like to soak the strawberries in the vodka and dip some in chocolate to eat thank to Danielle for introducing me to them. The rest of them I used to make this drink and the vodka they were soaking in.  So really it goes hand in hand in making vodka soaked strawberries with strawberry martinis.  YUM O!

STRAWBERRY MARTINI
Emily Heintz

1 glass
1 shot simple syrup
1 shot vodka2 strawberries pureed
1 slice of lime squeeze the juice and use the wedge as garnish
about 1/2 cup cranberry juice

serve over ice in a martini glass.



Pitcher
2/3 cup simple syrup
2/3 cup vodka
8 strawberries pureed
2 whole limes juiced
3 cups of cranberry juice

* You can also make this into SLUSH! VERY VERY VERYYYYYY GOOOD!!

Vodka soaked Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Danielle Heit

Vodka
Strawberries
chocolate bark

Wash the strawberries and put them in a shallow dish with a lid.  Pour enough vodka over the strawberries and they it soak overnight.  Put strawberries on paper towels to dry while you melt chocolate on low heat in the microwave.  Stir till melted.  Dip the strawberry in chocolate coating the entire strawberry but the green stem and leaves.  Let harden on parchment paper.

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment