Saturday, April 16, 2011

Hillbilly Caviar

Tonight I am going out for a girls night and need to bring an appetizer,  Matt's dad is also coming over today and I think he would like this dish so I figured I'd make a batch so I'd have it for both events today.   I got this recipe from someone at work who got it from someone else at work so I don't know where it originally came from but it's delish!  It's quick and easy, not a lot of fuss which is my kind of dish.  Plus you make it a day ahead so it can marinate.  Okay, it might not look so yummy but just one bite and you will change your mind.



Hillbilly Caviar

3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon water
1 Teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup sugar

Mix and boil, then let cool.  Just as easy as that.

Rinse and drain:
1 can black-eyed peas
1 can pinto beans
1 can white corn
1 can black beans
1 cup chopped green onion  
1 cup chopped celery 



Fritos Scoops or Tortilla Scoops. 

Mix everything together, let set at least a few hours or overnight- then drain before serving. 

Serve with Fritos Scoops or Tortilla Scoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment